IMPORTANT NOTE

Hello, and welcome.
I would like to inform you that I AM MOVING.
...well, sort of. I have started a new blog, Oui Crochet, that focuses just on crochet, crochet patterns, and crochet resources. I am in the process of building it up as a one stop shop for all things crochet, and I am very excited about it. I hope you will come over and check out my progress. :)
I will be moving my patterns from this site, to my new site. My idea is to leave this site active, so that you can still access other aspects of this site. I will also leave a modified "introduction" post where each pattern is on this site, as to keep all links active and make it so that you can easily locate the pattern's new home. As an added bonus, you will also find new printable/downloadable versions of my patterns.
I apologize for any inconvenience, but I assure you, this change is a positive one. I look forward to seeing you at Oui Crochet.
Happy Crocheting!


Monday, March 12, 2012

Garden Party Tic-Tac-Toe (Crochet Project)

I've seen some cute little crochete Tic-Tac-Toe games online, and thought it would be fun to make one for my 5 year old, for her birthday.
That thought kind of ... evolved.

Would you like a peek into my thought process? If so, keep reading.



Once again, I was without a pattern, so I just "winged it".
I had two shades of green yarn, so I decided to use that as the base. Then I got to thinking... Making the Xs and Os would be a little time consuming to figure out on my own, and I didn't want to look up a pattern. Since the base was green, and I knew how to make little flowers... Yeah! That could work! I decided to make the green part the "grass" and the markers would be flowers.

 As I was crocheting the base, it occurred to me that my daughter is really good at losing the pieces to games and such. I figured I could make the game fold up or something, to secure the flowers. Hmmm... That wasn't doing it for me. Then it hit me. Just make the game into a bag. At first it was going to be a simple tote bag, but I wanted it to close tightly so the little flowers wouldn't slip out when a certain cute little girl would inevitably swing the game around. A drawstring would do the trick!



I finished it up, and I was very pleased with the results. My daughter opened it on her Birthday, and she LOVES it! 
Yay!





did sort of write out a pattern (more like notes on what I did), but it's a little hard to follow. If anyone would like me to type it out, I will. Just leave a comment, and I'll do the best I can.
                            








Here is a sneak peek of the blanket that I finished in 5 days, for my daughter's birthday. I will post a couple more pics and the pattern (hopefully) later this week. (My whole family is battling a really nasty cold, so I plan on taking it easy.)

















Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Isn't that the cutest! I think I will make this for me and my sister to play! Lol. {we're in our 20s, but whatever!}

    Love the colors in your blanket too!

    Thanks for linking up to A Pinteresting Party this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!
    LOL My older kids... and even my husband & I have been playing it! It's just so fun! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute, if you have the pattern I would love to see it. This would be a great thing to keep the kids busy on road trips (when their eyes aren't glued to a video game).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Donna! I mostly jotted down notes as I was making it, but I think I can form it into a pattern. I will get to work on it, and try to have it within a week. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Susie! Nice to "meet" you! Thanks for visiting my site. I joined your link party and will become a new follower, too! I love that you're a crochet gal yourself, and this idea is too cute! Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sara! Thank you so much for stopping by and for linking up! :-)
    I do love to crochet! lol
    I can't wait to check out your projects! ...My computer froze up...ugh. I'm checking them out right after I finish here! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting feedback from my readers!
Please feel free to leave a comment or share your ideas!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...